This page was last updated on March 22, 2013 @ 7:18 PM
• • Rules • •
The qualifying Walk must be a sanctioned AVA walk that passes directly by a structure where a Fraternal Organization, Sorority and Civic Organization meets or a structure or facility that is sponsored or supported by said organization and has a sign or equivalent indicating the organization's name. Any walker that participates in and pays the regular AVA event fee is eligible to record the walk in their Fraternal Organization Event Book.
1. A Fraternal Organization, Sorority and Civic Organization is defined for the purpose of this special walking program as a brotherhood (sisterhood) or a type of social organization whose members freely associate for a mutually beneficial purpose such as for social, professional or honorary principles. This Special Program can include Fraternal Organizations, Sororities and Civic Organizations such as, College Fraternities or Sororities, Lion's Club, Masons, Sertoma Club, Rotary, Tall Cedars of Lebanon, Shriners, Knights of Columbus, American Legion, Fraternal Order of Police etc. but qualifying organizations are not limited to these. We have only provided the preceding organizations as examples of ones that would qualify. There may be other organizations that are exclusive to certain areas of the country.
2. Only Organizations in the United States may be included in this program.
3. Each Organization location may only be used once per walk.
4. If an event includes 2 or more Organizations, a stamp may be awarded for each Organization provided the event is walked a separate time for each stamp.
5. The IVV stamp must be used to record each complete Fraternal Organization walk. Handwritten entries are not allowed. This program is not retroactive. All events must be walked (or biked, if a bike event) after you register for the program. Insert cards may be used if you have forgotten your record book, however at least one event must be recorded in your record book.
6. For each event record the IVV stamp, date, location (closest town, state), type of structure (building, pavilion, ball field, etc.) and Fraternal Organization name.
7. Books may be purchased until 12/31/15 and completed books sent in for the award by December 31, 2016.
Fraternal Organizations, Sororities and Civic Organizations is a three year special walking program that begins January 1, 2013 and ends December 31, 2016. This program requires 25 regular or YRE events that qualify.
To purchase books send $10 along with your name and address or return completed books to:
Penn Dutch Pacers Volksmarch Club, Inc.
Attn: Fraternal Organizations, PO Box 7445
Lancaster PA 17604-
For more information or questions contact:
Robert Coonney @ 717-
|PDP Support Documents|
|Musuem Walk America|